Welcome to the official Eureka Montana, Tobacco Valley Animal Shelter / Friends of the Shelter Site
A great big THANK YOU!!!
TVAS served as an evacuation center in September 2017 for the animals of people that had to evacuate their homes due to the Caribou Fire in the West Kootenai. At one point we had 87 animals in our care. We would just like to thank everyone who donated money, dog & cat food, kitty litter, cleaning supplies, toys, and their time to help care for these animals. Your generosity was truly overwhelming and greatly appreciated.
Our mission: To provide for the welfare of companion animals through caring placement, spay/neuter programs, and community education.
Things We Do
- We are a non-profit 501c3
- We offer low cost spay/neuter in conjunction with Lincoln County. Please contact our hotline for appointments and availability 406-889-5457
- We accept owner surrender pets and will house County/City strays.
- Fundraising - auctions, rummage sales, recycling cans, bake sales, etc.
- Foster care of pets in need of adoption
- Adoption of pets
- Membership drives
- Website, phone hotline, and newsletters
Things You Can Do
Shop Amazon Smile and Support the Shelter
- Become a Member!!
- Take your aluminum cans to the Eureka recycle center. Proceeds benefit the shelter
- Provide a foster home for animals awaiting adoption
- Volunteer time to answer hotline, collect donation coin cans
- Help apply for grants
- Volunteer for booths at fairs, help with rummage sales, walk dogs, etc.
- Serve as a board member or an officer
- Maintain computer membership files, design newsletters, help with mailers, etc.
- ...there's lots more folks!
Of course, we still need volunteers to help keep our dream alive. If you would like to help us we would be glad to hear from you on our PetLine at 406-889-5457 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are in the neighborhood, come visit us at 19 Independence Way just North of town!
Visit us on Facebook