Welcome to the official Eureka Montana, Tobacco Valley Animal Shelter / Friends of the Shelter Site
A STATEMENT TO OUR AWESOME, FAITHFUL FAMILY OF SUPPORTERS; Tobacco Valley Animal Shelter and Libby Friends of the Shelter are currently housing and providing care for the animals involved in the Animal Cruelty seizure in Libby, which occurred August 2, 2016. TVAS has contracted with Lincoln County to provide sheltering for dogs and cats in the county since 2008. Due to legal circumstances, we are currently unable to discuss the specifics of the case with the public. While we greatly appreciate all of the offers of assistance from the community, the specific areas in which we need the most help are as follows: First and foremost (tax deductible) monetary donations are by far the most helpful, as the burden on shelter resources is tremendous. We have plenty of food for all of the animals due to the generosity of PetSmart Charities organization. Another commodity that we are in need of are towels, of the paper and cloth varieties. Small, soft bedding (please no electric blankets, sleeping bags, comforters, etc.) is another thing that would make the animals stay much more comfortable. As we are doing a great deal of laundry and cleaning, laundry detergent and dish washing soap would also go a long way! Financial donations can be made to Tobacco Valley Animal Shelter at P.O. Box 1815 Eureka, MT 59917 or through our Paypal account (link to the right). Please call (406)293-5665 if you have any questions. Thank you all SO much for your patience and support during this challenging ordeal. News Article
Our mission: To provide for the welfare of companion animals through caring placement, spay/neuter programs, and community education.
Things We Do
- We are a non-profit 501c3
- We offer low cost spay/neuter in conjunction with Lincoln County. Please contact our hotline for appointments and availability 406-889-5457
- We accept owner surrender pets and will house County/City strays.
- Fundraising - auctions, rummage sales, recycling cans, bake sales, etc.
- Foster care of pets in need of adoption
- Adoption of pets
- Membership drives
- Website, phone hotline, and newsletters
Things You Can Do
Shop Amazon Smile and Support the Shelter
- Become a Member!!
- Take your aluminum cans to the Eureka recycle center. Proceeds benefit the shelter
- Provide a foster home for animals awaiting adoption
- Volunteer time to answer hotline, collect donation coin cans
- Help apply for grants
- Volunteer for booths at fairs, help with rummage sales, walk dogs, etc.
- Serve as a board member or an officer
- Maintain computer membership files, design newsletters, help with mailers, etc.
- ...there's lots more folks!
Of course, we still need volunteers to help keep our dream alive. If you would like to help us we would be glad to hear from you on our PetLine at 406-889-5457 or email us at email@example.com.
If you are in the neighborhood, come visit us at 19 Independence Way just North of town!
Visit us on Facebook